A few weeks ago, Steff from Steff’s Journey, nominated me to take part in this fun This or That Challenge! The poor woman has probably been wondering if I was ever going to do this post it’s been so long haha!
Please check out her blog and twitter, she’s such an amazing friendly person who is one of my best blogging friends!
This or That?!
- Shower in the morning or evening?
I prefer to have a shower in the morning, it wakes me up and I’m fresh for the day
- City centre or close to nature?
Definitely close to nature, I’m such a country girl at heart and all the hustle and bustle of city centres get me a bit anxious sometimes.
- Bright Colours or Neutrals?
Bright colours! Life is too short to be dull in my opinion.
- Spring or Autumn
Oooh this is a tough one… I think Spring, because seeing all the beautiful flowers come to life after the cold dark winter makes me happy. And of course, it starts to get a bit warmer so everyone is out and about a bit more.
- Mint or Cinnamon
Mint!! One of my obsessions at the moment are Mint Magnums. OMGGG you need to try them if you haven’t already, you’re missing out!
- Planned or Spontaneous
Planned. I get so anxious if I don’t know exactly what’s going on. My boyfriend is the absolute opposite and it drives me mad!
- A movie at home or at the cinema?
The cinema! I love going and I seem to concentrate better on films at the cinema rather than at home
- Espresso or Latte?
Neither, I don’t like hot drinks at all! Well, apart from hot chocolate…
- Hugs or kisses?
Kisses. Love a smooch with my other half I do!
- Spicy or mild food?
Mild definitely, I cant handle spicy food AT ALL. Get this, the hottest thing I can handle is Thai Sweet Chilli crisps! Such a wimp when it comes to spice.
- Leather or Lace?
Lace, there are so many cute items of clothing around at the moment which have lace on them!
I also watched something on the news the other night about Mink farming for their skins and it’s put me off buying anything to do with leather or animal products.
- Overdressed or Underdressed?
I think I’d rather be underdressed. To be honest though, I don’t really go anywhere which calls for me to be dressed up anyway!
- Adventure or Comfortable?
Adventure. There’s plenty to see out in the big world and I wanna see as much as I can! Plenty of time to be comfortable when you’re dead!
- Tv Series or Movie?
Tv series. I’ve got such a short attention span when watching movies (apart from at the cinema) so much prefer watching a series.
- Rock or Country Music?
How American… Neither.
- Red or White wine?
White. Pass me a sauvignon blanc!
- Working alone or in a team?
Alone I think, I used to hate working in a team at school. You’d always get a bossy one thinking they know best and not listening to anyone else in the group.
- Swimming or Sunbathing?
Swimming. Sunbathing just bores me and I get agitated if I’m sat in the sun too long
- Fast food or sit down restaurant?
Oh this is HARDDDDD! I love a maccies (I’m counting down the days ’til they open one by me) but I think I do prefer a sit down restaurant for a more relaxed environment to enjoy my food.
- Matched or Mismatched socks?
Matched. I don’t think I’ve ever worn mismatched socks in my life!
- Dancing or Singing?
I would really love to be able to dance but I seriously have 2 left feet and no rhythm whatsoever. It’s so embarrassing…
So I choose singing.
- Phone or the Internet?
The internet. I wouldn’t be able to blog with a phone (providing this excludes smartphones) now would I?!
So there you have it, hope this helps form more a of a picture to who I really am behind the laptop screen!
I’m going to nominate a few people to do this challenge but there’s no pressure…
Hell if you wanna do it too, then go ahead! I always love to read these quick fun posts.
Thanks for reading,
Maybe you’d like to get to know me a bit MORE?
Check out my 20 Questions to get to know me post!
Last week I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the very beautiful Sam from Sam’s Blog AND by the lovely Kimberley from Mother of Girls!
Please check out both their blogs as they’re both fab and they’re are great girls!
This will be the 2nd time I’ve done the Sunshine Award post so if you would like to check out my 1st ever nomination it’s HERE.
As I have been nominated twice, I’m going to do half of each nominator’s questions. So 5 of Sam’s questions that she has asked me and 5 of Kimberley’s questions.
So lets get down to the biz and start off with the rules…
- Thank the blogger/bloggers that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you
- Nominate the 11 blogs that you wish to receive this award and write them 11 questions to answer
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/blog.
- What’s your favourite social media to communicate with other bloggers and why?
My favourite has to be Twitter hands down! There are so many people I’ve met on there who are such fab and brilliant people who I’d have never met otherwise. I love discovering new blogs through twitter chats too which I’ve started to get involved in just recently.
- What genre of music are you into?
Late 90s and early 2000’s pop/dance. My fave radio stations are Heat and Kisstory. I definitely live in the past a bit. None of the stuff out now really interests me at all… Apart from Ed Sheeran. Love a bit of Ed.
- What type of fashion are you into?
This is a bit of a difficult one as I feel I’m going through a bit of a change with my fashion style at the min. I’m getting to 30 years old and haven’t a clue what I’m ‘supposed’ to be wearing. I look 16 so could pull off the latest looks but I’d feel stupid in myself.
I’m trying to get into classic simple pieces now but to be honest, I still don’t have a clue.
- Do you have any skincare routines?
Everyone’s probably going to be screaming at me for this, especially all you beauty bloggers but… none!
I have been very lucky with my skin as I haven’t had any problems with it and never seen the point of using products when I don’t need them. A case of if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and I do get people commenting on how good my skin is. I do however moisturise every other day (when I rememer) but that’s it.
I should be starting to use a anti-wrinkle cream or something but there are so many out there I don’t know what to choose!
- Do you play on any consoles (PS4/Xbox)?
Nope not anymore really, I can never find the time. I had a PS3 but I ended up just using it to watch dvds on…
- Do you have any pets, if so, what?
I have a little Yorkshire Terrier called Sammie (girl). She’s my absolute world!
- Do you have any tattoos, if so, what?
I don’t have any tattoos, I know, how boring right? I think in the future I want to get Sammie’s paw print tattooed somewhere on me though
- Do you have any children? How many?
I don’t have any kids, I’m unable to have any due to my lung disease as it’d be too dangerous for me to carry a baby. I see my dog as my child though so…
- What is your favourite perfume/aftershave?
At the moment my favourite perfume is a Kat Von D’s ‘Sinner’. I received a sample of it ages ago and fell in love with it so bought myself a bottle.
- What do you do to relax?
Reading is the main thing I do to relax, I just love getting lost in a book and forgetting all my troubles.
I also love to catch up on blogs and have a long soak in the bath with candles and listen to a podcast.
I’m doing this bonus question as there is supposed to be 11 questions that I must answer but I wanted to be fair and not pick one from Kimberley or Sam.
- What do you do to cheer yourself up?
I take my dog to the beach near where I live and seeing her happy, running like a mad possessed puppy on the sand never ever fails to cheer me up!
The bloggers that I nominate are:
I’ve only nominated 8 here as I think other people have already done/recently been nominated for this award.
If you’re one of my nominees and don’t feel like doing this award, don’t worry, there’s no pressure but it would be fab to read your answers to my questions!
- What is your favourite quote and why?
- What is your favourite song?
- If you could only watch one programme/tv series for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is the best bit of blogging advice you’ve got?
- Tell me 3 things you like about yourself
- What is your most treasured possession?
- If you could trade places with any celebrity for one day, who would it be?
- Do you have any hobbies, if so, what are they?
- Do you believe in the afterlife?
- Do you have any skills that you’re proud of?
- Describe your ideal job.
Thank you once again to Sam and Kimberley for nominating me, I’ve enjoyed writing this post this bank holiday Sunday!
Another award nomination!
After my Sunshine Blogger award nomination 2 weeks ago I didn’t expect to be receiving another award nomination so soon and on the same day too!
I was kindly nominated twice for the Liebster Award and by Steff and Ellie!
You can find Steff and Ellie’s blogs below, give them a click!
So when I was tagged on Twitter for this award, apart from being surprised and grateful, I was a bit puzzled… Just what exactly was this ‘Liebster Award’?!
Apparently, the Liebster Award was created to recognise/discover new bloggers and their blogs and welcome them to the blogging world.
How could I say no?!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave you the award and send them some love!
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them that you love what they do
- Set 11 questions for them to answer.
Steff’s questions she gave me…
- If everything were legal for one day, what would you do and why?
I’m just going to cut to the chase and say what probably everyone would do if they could. I’d rob a bank. Yep, why wouldn’t I?! Everything is legal and I’d love a comfortable lifestyle with a gorgeous home and Range Rover Evoque.
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I really wanted (and still do) to be a policewoman. I blame my love of The Bill years ago for this but I have always found crime interesting and love those kind of shows on tv. My dream will never come true though due to my Cystic Fibrosis.
- What are 5 staple pieces of clothing you have in your wardrobe?
Red, black and white striped top
Hollister dark blue jeans
Black ballet flats
Navy blue trench coat
- Describe yourself in 5 words and make it interesting!
Well I don’t know about interesting but I’d describe myself as; Different, determined, sensitive, inquisitive, introverted.
- Cake or chocolate?
Chocolate hands down!
- Will you still be blogging in a year’s time?
I really hope so! Usually I get bored really quickly and easily but it’s been 3 weeks since I started Seabreeze Corner and I’m still loving it! I have so many ideas for blog posts and I’m loving learning all the different aspects of blogging.
- Which 3 places in the world would you travel to if you could?
Thailand, Rome and Spain
- Do you have any nicknames?
Liv, Livvy, Pea head
- City or country?
100% country girl over here!
- What’s your favourite quote?
‘Treat others how you would like to be treated’. I always try to live my life this way, it truly costs nothing to be nice!
- What do you do to wind down after a stressful day?
I love to get into my favourite pjs, get into bed and watch episodes of Grey’s Anatomy until I fall asleep
- Do you have any secret talents?
Wish I could say yeah, I speak 10 different languages but no, I don’t have any secret talents
- If you could visit any time in history, where would you go?
I flippin’ love this question Ellie! I’d go back to the 1800s as I love the architecture and the clothes they wore back then
- What made you start blogging?
Seeing as I am physically unable to work due to my illness I needed a hobby to fill my time. I’ve always enjoyed writing in general but didn’t know what direction to take it in
- One thing you can’t live without?
The NHS! There’s been a lot in the press lately about how bad its become but seriously, I wouldn’t be here without it. Long live the NHS!!!
- Has anyone ever got into trouble for something you did?
I don’t think they ever have to be honest. Not that I know of anyway…
- What is the meaning behind your blog’s name?
Describes my home where I live
- Do you have any pet peeves and if so, what are they?
Drivers not indicating and people who don’t own up to their mistakes
- What is the worst present you have ever received?
I really don’t think I’ve ever received a bad present y’know. I must have good present givers around me!
- What is the best present you have ever received?
I think it’d have to be my computer when I was 10 from my parents. I’d wanted one for months and I was never off it when I got it
- Who inspires you?
There’s a girl who has Cystic Fibrosis like me called Sophie Holmes who I follow on Facebook and Instagram and she is so active and healthy. I will never match her fitness as my lungs are too damaged to reach her level but she still inspires me to be the best I can be!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Southern France for sure. Beautiful scenery and warm weather – bliss.
11 random facts about me…
- I have a lung disease – Cystic Fibrosis. Google it, as you could be a carrier and pass it onto your children without you even knowing!!!
- I have nearly died twice
- I have had a chest drain
- A nurse once gave me the wrong medication and I nearly died (seems to be a theme going on here ha!)
- I don’t like any spicy food. Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations crisps are my limit!
- I have never been to Spain
- I have never had a full time job
- Despite living by the sea, I cant swim
- I’m an only child
- I’m 30 next year despite looking 16
- I would always choose to have dessert with my main rather than a starter.
Thank you to both girls for their questions, I hope you all know me a little better now?
Time for my nominees!
I would love to get to know you guys better!
Here are your questions!
- What is your favourite book?
- What is your favourite meal?
- What has been your favourite holiday ever and why?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What is one thing you’d like to achieve in life?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What are your goals for 2018?
- Who is your favourite blogger?
- What is the best thing you have ever bought?
- What is the last emoji that you used on your phone?
- What is your star sign?
Thanks once again to Steff and Ellie for nominating me to do this, I’ve enjoyed it!
Pictures used are from google.com